In this recipe I will take through step by step how to make some amazing chocolate chip
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 12-15 (depending on size) Difficulty: Easy Peasy
You will need:
- 125g margarine
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 100g chocolate chips
- 2 baking trays lined with greaseproof paper (see instructions below)
- spatula or wooden spoon
- mixer (you can use a large bowl and wooden spoon either)
- weighing scales
(step by step pictures below)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper (see instructions below).
- In a large bowl beat together the margarine and soft brown sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy (this can be done by hand or in an electric mixer).
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix until well combined.
- Sieve in flour and add chocolate chips, mix until all ingredients are combined and a smooth mixture forms.
- Using a tablespoon and teaspoon, spoon out the mixture onto the baking trays. You can now decide how big or small you would like your cookies. I used half of a heaped tablespoon per cookie and I made 12.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer to a wired tray and leave to cool.
Send me pictures of your recreations:
To grease the trays: