Easter is almost here and what better way to celebrate than with this amazing chocolate fudge cake. It is easy to make and simply decorated with the classic mini eggs and chocolate bunnies!
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 50 mins Serves: 10 Difficulty: Needs some patience
You will need
- One batch of my Perfectly Pipeable Buttercream which you can find by clicking here
- 1 bag of Mini eggs
- 2 small chocolate bunnies
- 2 boxes of chocolate fingers
(see step by step pictures below)
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3. Grease and base line one 20cm/9" sandwich tins, it must be at least 1½ inches deep.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Put the eggs, golden syrup, oil and milk into the dry ingredients and beat well. When mixture is smooth, transfer to the prepared tins.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until cakes are risen and spring back when gently pressed.
- When baked, turn onto wire tray and remove the lining paper. Allow to cool.
- Once cool, cut the cake in half horizontally.
- Make the icing by using my Icing recipe you can find it by clicking here
- Spread some of the icing on the bottom layer of the cake. Gently place the top layer on the bottom layer and cover the cake in icing.
- Leave to set then transfer to serving plate. Arrange the fingers around the cake. Decorate the top with bunnies and eggs.
- Finally tie a yellow ribbon around cake, if liked. Enjoy and have a very Happy Easter!
Add my Snapchat to see all the BTS of these blog posts