With Easter fast approaching, I decided to make these adorable Easter nest cupcakes perfect for impressing crowds or impressing the Easter Bunny. These are super easy and super tasty and perfect for an Easter treat!
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 12-15 Difficulty: Easy Peasey
You will need:
- 125g margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 bags of Mini Eggs
- Chocolate Icing - use my recipe by clicking here
- weighing scales
- mixer (large bowl and whisk/wooden spoon works too).
- bun tray
- cupcake cases
- piping bag
(see step by step pictures below)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and line the bun tray with paper cases.
- Beat the margarine and caster sugar for 4-5 minutes until really light and fluffy and has gotten paler in colour.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla essence and mix until a smooth mixture forms.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the bowl and slowly mix just until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon out the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. The sponge should bounce back when pressed in the centre or a skewer should come out clean when poked in the centre. Allow to cool.
- Use my Perfectly Pipeable Chocolate Icing recipe to make the icing.
- Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes into a circular shape on the perimeter of the cupcake to create the nest.
- Place 2-3 Mini Eggs into the nest. Continue to this with all the cupcakes.
Send me pictures of your recreations:
Google Plus- https://plus.google.com/u/0/111527855108872039736
Comment your thoughts down below!
Step by step pictures:
(numbers beside pictures relate to numbers in method)
Add mt Snapchat to see all the Begind The Scenes of these blogposts!