This is my favourite recipe for scones, a classic but so tasty.
Prep time: 15 mins Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves: 10 Difficulty: Easy Peasy
You will need
- 400g self raising flour
- 200g raisins
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g margarine
- 200ml buttermilk (you could use regular milk or leave some out to sour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan)/ 400°F/ gas mark 6. Prepare and measure the ingredients and dust two baking trays with flour.
- Mix the flour, baking powder,sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in the margarine and crush it into the flower using your finger tips until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour in the milk and then add the raisins, then mix until the dough is consistent. You're looking for a slightly wet mix, if it is too dry, add some milk. If too sticky, sprinkle a little flour.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead lightly. Roll to a thickness on about 2cm/ 1 inch.
- Cut into discs using a cookie cutter, if you don't have one you can use a glass.
- Coat the tops with a little milk and bake for 15 minutes. Once cooked, remove and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Add my Snapchat to see all the behind the scenes of my blog posts!