Makes 12 Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins
125g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 level tsp baking powder
150g self raising flour
- Chocolate chips: Add 75g choc chips into the mixture at the end
- Chocolate: sieve in 30g cocoa powder with the flour
- Lemon: add the rind of 1 lemon and the juice of half
- Funfetti: add in as many or as little sprinkles as you like to add a pop of colour into the centre of the buns
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark4, prepare a bun tin with paper cases
- Beat the margarine and caster sugar together in a bowl for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy and lighter in colour.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla essence and lightly mix until ingredients combine.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder and using a spatula or a slow setting on an electric mixture gently fold the mixture just until the ingredients have combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases, place in oven and cook for 15 minutes until golden brown and skewer comes out clean when poked in the centre.
Post your recreations on instagram and tag me @niamhmcnelis_
I'll post my favourie pictures in next weeks blogpost!
Why not ice your gorgeous cupcakes? Find my icing recipe here
Have any suggestions? Leave them below or email me at email@example.com